Category: News

Documentation Reminders

The following procedures should be followed when submitting documentation for Travel Vouchers, MDV’s, and Petty Cash Receipts.

Any documentation smaller than 8 ½” by 5 ½” (one-half page) must be taped (not stapled) to a piece of paper that is 8 ½” X 11″.

If the receipt is longer than 11”, cut the receipt in to segments that will fit on an 8 ½” X 11″ piece of paper.

The top and bottom must be taped down to ensure the documentation processes through the scanning equipment correctly.

Place tape carefully on the documentation, as certain types of ink disappear, when tape is placed on it.

Use only yellow highlighters. Highlight only what is necessary.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Travel Voucher Signatures

Travel vouchers must be signed on the line marked “Signature of Claimant” by the traveler.  This signature acknowledges acceptance of the terms and conditions of reimbursement.  If a traveler pays reimbursable travel expenses for a fellow traveler, both must sign the travel voucher, certifying the payment arrangements.

New Mileage Rate

Effective January 1, 2015, the mileage rate paid to persons traveling in privately owned vehicles on official business for the state increased to 57.5 cents per mile and the mileage rate for moving will decrease to 23 cents per mile.   The updated mileage rate reference page is available on the Accounts Payable website.
If you have any questions regarding the changes, please contact Accounts Payable Customer Service at 348-7377.

Customer Service Email

Did you know that Accounts Payable has a Customer Service email?

Please email your questions regarding vendor payments, employee reimbursements, vendor setup or verification, direct deposit setup, 1099 questions, travel and spending questions, etc.  You can also have vendors send their PO invoices directly to this email address.  The emails are reviewed and responded to throughout the day.

Vendor Registration Website

The University does business with thousands of vendors, beginning with the bid process all the way through to payment.  In an effort to simplify the procure-to-pay process while allowing the University to capture accurate and complete vendor information, we developed an online vendor portal for vendors to register to either be added to the bid list or to be added as a provider of goods and services for which they will receive payment.  This site replaced the former paper forms that vendors completed and provides more secure handling of the information.

All entities interested in doing business with the University should complete vendor registration.  Departments should direct vendors to the  Vendor Registration Website to enroll.  Vendors may also use this portal to update their existing data.

For further information, visit the Vendor Registration section of the Accounts Payable Website.